Congratulations for your music and thanks for taking time to speak and answer us.
– when did you first hear the slower psy music ?
Not easy to remember but maybe 8 years ago.
– what is the first album or track that marked you with the slow bpm psy sound?
I started with Cell tracks… let’s say Phonic Peace album was one of the firsts.
– Do you make difference between psybient and psychill?
Yes, but it’s not that obvious for many people.
– What is this difference for you?
The psybient is ambient, the psychill is chill and ambient is more atmospheric with less rhythm.. but I’d say both are psychill
– How do you see future of psy downtempo music?
I see it as an ever growing scene, but maybe it’s just growing all in my head as I’m getting to know more and more of the present scene. Psybient.org helps a lot . I personally come across new artists day by day and don’t feel that I’m closing to the end of the line. Due to the durability of the genre, tracks from e.g. 2007 can be still amazingly “fresh”, just like a brand new one. I think that there’s a constant need for quality psy chillout and it’s not a race.